Roma Street Parkland Rules
To ensure that all visitors have an enjoyable visit to the parkland, the following parkland conditions of entry apply.
- Conduct causing public nuisance is not permitted – this includes being drunk, disorderly or creating a disturbance;
- Children are to be supervised at all times. All visitors must comply with signage, security and parkland management;
- Cyclists, rollerbladers and skateboarders must give way to pedestrians and must observe the limit speed of 15km/h on all paths; and
- Pets to be on a leash at all times. No pets are permitted in the Spectacle Garden in Colin Campbell Place.
The following activities are not permitted:
- camping or overnight sleeping;
- consumption of alcohol outside of designated areas*;
- fishing or swimming in waterways or the lake;
- religious or political activities;
- pegging/staking into lawns;
- attaching items to parkland infrastructure or trees;
- disposal of ice or hot water on lawns or garden beds;
- feeding of wildlife;
- distribution of leaflets, soliciting, hawking or spruiking;
- open flames, candles, portable cooking devices or gas stoves; and
- organised sporting activities or ball games. No studded footwear.
No noise before 7am or after 10pm, Monday to Saturday / 8am and 10pm Sundays.
Authorisation is required for the following activities:-
- conducting surveys;
- selling or promoting goods;
- filming or professional photography;
- events and activations, including regular activities by groups or individuals; and
- peaceful assembly or procession.
Activity may be recorded on CCTV.
* designated area is defined as the Celebration and Lakeside Precincts as per Section 173 (C) of the Liquor Act 1992