What we do: A city-wide free public support service.
Brisbane Greeters is an ambassador service that welcomes and connects visitors, locals and new residents to Brisbane. Greeters conduct short walking/public transportation orientation experiences based on special interests and places around the city.
We offer a unique experience to connect with Brisbane through a knowledgeable and enthusiastic local volunteer. Greet experiences are flexible, intimate and authentic. Greeters are “newly met friends!"
All greets will include up to six people only (including children and adults), with at least one visitor over the age of 18 accompanying all children.
Engaging and connecting
The overarching purpose of the Brisbane Greeters program is to:
A window of opportunity project for Brisbane
- Influence perceptions of Brisbane.
- Enhance resident and visitor satisfaction.
- Brisbane Greeters offers a way to:
- See Brisbane as a friendly, safe city offering a high-quality lifestyle.
- Be introduced to so much to do in Brisbane – extend your stay, return, work and live here.
- Explore different parts of the city.
- Find your way with ease.
- Access and use public transport.
- Encourage social inclusivity.
- Celebrate cultural diversity.
Brisbane Greeters is an initiative of Brisbane City Council’s 20-year Economic Development Plan.
It is developed and implemented by Brisbane Marketing, the city's economic development board.