Dayboro Historic Town Walks
"Dayboro Cottage" , 27 Williams Street, DAYBORO, QLD 4521
Dayboro historic town walk takes in 18 sites of early significance in the town's development.
The town now known as Dayboro has had two previous names: Hamilton, after Hugh Hamilton, a farmer who was appointed Receiving Office Keeper for mail in 1875; then Terrors Creek, in 1892, after the name of the creek on which it was situated.
The name Terrors Creek was derived from a grey stallion named Terah, which was known as "terror" because of its habit of chasing Aborigines.
"Dayboro Cottage" , 27 Williams Street, DAYBORO,
Eat & Drink