Stallholder selection process
South Bank Parklands prides itself on providing visitors with a high quality Christmas offering. To achieve this, the Gift Market has specific selection criteria to ensure the integrity of the event, while providing exclusive exposure for artisans. The retail mix (interesting and varied product offering) is vitally important to the Gift Market’s success as well as the price range and target audience of products to appeal to both locals and visitors.
Once you have submitted the application form, your application will be assessed on a case-by-case basis by a Selection Panel who will evaluate your application according to the below selection criteria:
1. Suitability of products – appropriate and suitable products for Christmas gifts
2. Products for sale must be of a high quality as assessed by event organisers
3. Preference will be given to high quality handmade or locally produced products
4. Commercially viable products, including appropriate price points for the market
5. Stallholders must have the capacity to meet product demand for the duration of the event
6. Ability to attend the full 9 days, or days 1-4 or 5-9.
1. There are a limited number of available stall spaces within the South Bank Christmas Village. To ensure balanced product representation across the Gift Market, event organisers will review all stallholder applications and limit the number of stallholders falling within the same product category to ensure a variety of categories are on offer.
2. Requested stall sizes, power requirements, and other requests will be considered in the context of the broader Christmas Village footprint.
3. Please note that participation in previous Christmas Markets or other South Bank Markets does not guarantee selection in this year’s Christmas Market. The Christmas Markets are curated with the most suitable stallholders under the selection criteria. Stallholders must address the Stallholder Selection Criteria and ensure they develop high quality product offerings to be considered.
4. The presentation of each stall is fundamental to the overall operation and presentation of the Gift Market. It is important that stallholders dress their stalls to a high standard (in line with the Styling Guideline which will be provided upon acceptance to the Gift Market). This creates a notable experience for customers who will want to shop, spread the word and return.
1. Food vendors that sell ready to eat food, where the primary intention is to consume immediately, will not be permitted.
Due to the high number of applications received and limited number of available spaces, unfortunately we are unable to accommodate everyone that applies to be part of the Gift Market. The selection decision made by the Selection Panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into with unsuccessful applicants.
Photography and videography
A condition of participating in the Gift Market is that all vendors and staff MUST agree to their likeness being captured by promotional videography and photography by Brisbane Marketing throughout the event. A full release form will be supplied to successful applicants and participation is mandatory to be involved in the event.