1. How can I book a greet?
It’s as easy as filling out our online booking form. Choose between a Greeter’s Choice Greet or a Your Choice Greet, and you’re all booked in for a Brisbane Greeters experience.
You can also book Greeter’s Choice Greets by emailing [email protected] or by phoning Brisbane Marketing on (07) 3156 6364.
Please note, Your Choice Greets can be booked only by using our online booking form.
2. What’s the difference between a Greeter’s Choice Greet and a Your Choice Greet?
Greeter’s Choice Greets:
- Your experience is based on what your Greeter, as a local, loves best about Brisbane.
- Can be booked online via Greeter’s Choice booking form here, via email ([email protected]), or via phone (07) 3156 6364.
- Join a small group of a maximum of six.
- Depart 10am daily, seven days a week from outside Brisbane City Hall (King George Square entrance).
- At least three days’ booking notice is required.
Your Choice Greets:
- Your experience is designed to service only you/your family and friends, and is based on your interests and areas of choice.
- Can be booked only online here via the Your Choice booking option.
- Depart from an agreed public location with your Greeter.
- You can select your preferred date and morning/afternoon time slot – start between 9am and 3pm.
- You can nominate your preferred language, and special needs can be addressed.
- At least five days’ booking notice is required. The earlier we receive your request, the greater the chance of us finding you the perfect Greeter.
3. What happens next?
Greeter’s Choice Greets:
Upon completion of our booking form, you will receive a confirmation email that we have received your booking. Should there be any changes, we will contact you via email or telephone.
Your Choice Greets:
Upon completion of our booking form, you will receive a confirmation email that we have received your booking.
A Brisbane Greeter will contact you directly to confirm arrangements. If booking more than one month in advance, we may not be able to confirm the arrangements immediately due to volunteer commitments.
4. If I need to amend/cancel my booking, what do I do?
As this is a volunteer service and we do not wish to inconvenience our volunteers who are giving freely of their time, we ask that you contact us as soon as possible if you need to cancel or amend your booking. During business hours you can call (07) 3156 6364, or you can email us at [email protected].
5. How much does a greet cost?
The Greeter program service is free. However, should you wish to express your appreciation for our Greeters, you can choose to donate here.
You will need to pay for any public transport utilised during the greet, along with any food and beverage consumed. You will also be required to pay entry fees for any attraction visited that applies an admission charge.
Your Greeter will be able to provide an overall cost estimate before starting the greet.
Brisbane Greeters are volunteers who freely give their time to welcome visitors and showcase our fabulous city.
To assist us in funding the ongoing operations for this amazing free public service, please consider making a donation.
You can make a donation of any amount, or perhaps a monthly recurring donation. Donations are non-tax deductible. Click here to donate.
7. What is the maximum size of a group?
We limit the maximum group size to six persons (including adults and children). This is a shared principle of Greeter Programs in the Global Greeter Network.
8. Can children come on a greet?
Children of all ages are welcome, but please note we cannot accept any children under the age of 18 without at least one adult.
9. Are greets suitable for visitors with special needs?
Brisbane Greeters welcomes everyone to use our service. Our Greeters receive special training support across our accessible city, and can tailor the Brisbane Greeters experience to address special needs requirements.
Brisbane Greeters are also able to address special language requests – just let us know when booking.
10. Who can book a greet?
Greets are open to anyone – whether you’re a Brisbane local, choosing Brisbane as your new home, a place to visit, or you’re here on business or to study.
11. Do the greets go ahead in bad weather conditions?
We will endeavour to carry out greets in all weather – rain, hail or shine. Remember to bring an umbrella if it’s raining, and as Brisbane’s sun is very strong, it’s always best to wear a hat and suncream.
12. Am I guaranteed a greet if book online?
While we will always aim to arrange a greet for your preferred date, this may not always be possible. Either way, we will confirm with you via email.
13. Where can I give my feedback after the greet?
We collect your feedback via an online survey which will emailed to you after your greet. We really value your feedback, so please spare five minutes to tell us what you thought of your experience.
You can also post and share your feedback and photos on our Facebook wall.
14. How can I share my photos with you from my Brisbane greet?
Use #brisbanegreeters on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram to share your photos with us, and your family and friends.
15. Where can I keep up to date with the Brisbane Greeters?
Like us on Facebook, sign up to our e-newsletter, follow us on Twitter, and follow us on Instagram.
16. Where can I access further information to help me plan the rest of my visit to Brisbane?
For more information about Brisbane and Greater Brisbane, go the Destinations section of visitbrisbane.com.au. You can also pop into the Brisbane Visitor Information Centre in the Queen Street Mall and the South Bank Visitor Centre in Stanley Street Plaza.
Staff there will assist with bookings and planning the rest of your stay in Brisbane.
17. Where can I access additional information about public transport?
We have an extensive and well-placed public transport network in Brisbane, ready and waiting to help you connect to all parts of Brisbane.
Your Greeter will provide assistance regarding the most economical and convenient ways of using Brisbane’s public transport. For more information, visit Translink’s website.
18. Where can I find information on other Greeter programs around the world?
Brisbane Greeters are proud members of the Global Greeter Network, sharing principles with many cities around the globe. To read more about the Global Greeter Network, head to globalgreeternetwork.info.
19. We haven’t answered your question?
If you have more questions, please contact us via email at [email protected].