Walter Taylor Bridge Tours
Can you imagine living inside a bridge pylon? Walk around and across the Walter Taylor Bridge, a bridge of state significance, and take a special peek inside the bridge pylon. Enjoy fantastic views of the Brisbane River from the pylon balcony and learn about the site’s fascinating history, including the discovery of gold and a mighty tale of lost convicts.
The Brisbane Greeters Walter Taylor Bridge Tour experience includes a 60 minute guided tour featuring a two kilometre bridge precinct walk and an internal pylon experience. All guided tours of the Walter Taylor Bridge need to be pre-booked via our online booking form, and the tours depart on the corner of Railway Avenue and Lambert Road (next to Indooroopilly Railway Station).
Image: Walter Taylor Bridge
Please also note the following information prior to booking to determine your suitability to participate:
- the building is heritage-listed and has no lift access
- you must be able to walk at least two kilometres and climb 108 stairs to participate in this tour
- the tour is not recommended for young children or anyone with mobility issues
- there is no pram access and there are no toilet facilities
- participants under 18 years of age must be supervised by an adult at all times
- large backpacks/bags and prams are not permitted
- participants should wear a hat and covered shoes and bring drinking water
- participants are encouraged to use public transport to get the tour departure point as there is limited parking space in Lambert Road, Indooroopilly.
For safety reasons and because the Walter Taylor Bridge is a heritage listed site, small group tours are limited to a maximum of 8 people, with a maximum of 5 people permitted inside the bridge pylon at any given time (including the Brisbane Greeter). Tour groups of 8 people will be split into 2 groups of 4 at the pylon entry, with groups moving through the pylon separately. Large group tours of 16 participants will be divided during the tour into 2 groups of 8 people per group. A staggered start approach will be used for these tours, with the groups then divided further at the pylon entry, thereby allowing groups of 5 (4 plus the Brisbane Greeter) people at a time inside the Walter Taylor Bridge pylon.
Book your free Walter Taylor Bridge Tour by completing our online booking form here.
If you are experiencing issues with our booking form, please contact us via email [email protected] or by phone +61 7 3156 6364.