Cultural Centre Pontoon, Southbank Boardwalk (outside the Queensland Art Gallery/ Queesnland Muesum Precinct), South Brisbane, Queensland 4101
Mirimar Cruises has been taking visitors on the most scenic cruise along the Brisbane River to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. Mirimar Cruises has been operating for over 60 years and is one of those “must do” experiences while in Brisbane.
Mirimar Cruises offers two different tours. The Koala and River Cruise - the famous and iconic half day tour which includes a world class commentary while traveling through the city’s most historic landscapes and historical home sites and the Koala Express - a quicker trip on a faster boat for those visitors that have less time to spend on a full day tour.
Tours & Rates
Brisbane Twilight Cruise
A sunset cruise with a twist!
Join us for a sunset cruise on the Brisbane River that is different to any other cruise you have experienced.
This unique cruise includes a visit to the famous Brisbane Powerhouse!
Relax and enjoy our beautiful cityscape as we cruise along the river to watch the sunset and the sparkle of the city lights across the evening sky. On arrival at the Powerhouse you will be welcomed with a drink and appetizers in an exclusive space.
After a short time enjoying this great venue, we hop back on the boat for more brilliant views of the glittery city skyline as we cruise back home.
• Plenty of outdoor and indoor areas including 3 areas for optimum viewing of the sunset
• Sip on a complimentary welcome cocktail
• Enjoy 40 mins at the Brisbane Powerhouse including a welcome drink and appetizer in an exclusive space to chill while overlooking the river
• Join a short and exciting backstage tour at the Powerhouse that is not usually seen by the general public
• Pass through iconic areas of our city as you watch these gorgeous parts of Brisbane light up in the evening sky
Koala and River Cruise
Looking for a cruise experience that is uniquely Australian? Climb aboard the brand new Mirimar II for an Australian adventure, like no other. A Koala and River Cruise is the perfect way to get up close and personal with Australia’s cuddliest creatures while enjoying the sights and sounds of Brisbane’s most attractive waterfront suburbs that are only accessible by boat.
This popular journey has been taking visitors to Lone Pine for over 60 years and is a "must do" experience while in Brisbane. See breathtaking modern mansions and historic Queenslander homes. Listen to an entertaining narrated journey, the captain will amaze you with his local knowledge. Sample delicious freshly made Queensland food prepared from their ultra modern cruise boat, and of course, cuddle a koala!
The price includes a return river cruise and entry into Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary for adults, alternate prices for concession and students.
The Koala Express is a quick boat to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. Join them on this fun ride on the Brisbane River, through the city's most historic landscapes, iconic attractions, historical home sites and interesting wildlife habitats. The captain will point out iconic places along the river and slow down for photo opportunities. See over 130 koalas up close, hand feed kangaroos and see many other Australian Native Animals.
There are three tours to choose from:
1. Earlybird Tour - 9.00am - 12.45pm - The perfect tour for those short on time and prefer an early start. Spend just over 2 hours exploring Lone Pine.
2. Relaxed Departure - 11.00am - 2.40pm - Great for those who prefer a more leisurely start to the day.
3. Full Day Experience - 9.00am - 2.40pm - Give you over 4 hours to experience all the shows and activities at the sanctuary.
This price includes entry into Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
Disabled access available, contact operator for details.
Experiences you can enjoy:
- History & Heritage
- Nature & Wildlife
Activities you can engage in:
Show me this on a Map What's Nearby...
Cultural Centre Pontoon, Southbank Boardwalk (outside the Queensland Art Gallery/ Queesnland Muesum Precinct), South Brisbane,
Eat & Drink