23 Brisbane restaurants for your Christmas long lunch
Updated: 22 November 2021
‘Tis the season to feast, and in Brisbane, this is best done with a long lunch in the sunshine. Picture a spritz in hand and five courses of deliciousness coming your way.
Fire up the group chat, we’ve rounded up the top dining spots for your long lunch this festive season.
In the heart of Fortitude Valley you’ll find everything from funky vegetarian eateries to fine-dining - a trip around the world for your taste buds. And the best part? The nightlife! So your lunch can go long into the night if you’re feeling extra merry.
Celebrate Christmas Italian coastal-style at La Costa. They’re going big this festive season with a two or three-course alternative drop, two hours of naughty or nice beverages, and of course, festive table styling - because the gram’. Perfect for a work event, or to get all your favourite people together - catering for a minimum of 20 people.
Offer: La Costa Christmas by the Coast
- $120pp for two-courses
- $142pp for three-courses
Za Za Ta (All vegetarian)
Whether you’re vegetarian or not, Za Za Ta is an absolute delight for the senses. This festive season they’re offering the Feast of the East banquet. Book yourself and a friend (or more!), for a tantalising food journey. And, hey… you might need to roll straight into bed after, so we recommend treating yourself to a night upstairs at the Ovolo Hotel.
Offer: 2 x Feast of the East banquet options (minimum of 2)
- $65/pp for the feast
- $85/pp to make it premium
- Beverage matching: wine pairing $55/pp, premium $75/pp
Offer: Yalla Jingle package (minimum 10)
- $69/pp includes welcome cocktail or mocktail and eight dishes from the musharaka menu.
For a taste of Paris in the heart of Brisbane, be whisked away to Bisou Bisou. Their Express Lunch 2-3 course meals make it the perfect spot for a weekday festive celebration. Plus, they’ve got free valet parking Mon-Thurs. How fancy!
Offer: Bisou Bisou Express Lunch - Monday-Friday 12-3pm
- $48pp - 2 course lunch
- $58pp - 3 course lunch (who doesn’t love lunchtime dessert)
If you haven’t tried Biànca, you’re in for a treat. One of Brisbane’s newest Italian kids on the block, it’s nestled into the ever-stylish Calile precinct on James Street. Live out your fluffy bread dreams, paired with fresh burrata and the silkiest of prosciutto. Order a few Aperols, and tuck into their divine weekend lunch menus for a long lunch you won’t want to end.
Offer: Long-lunch Fridays through Sundays (last order 3pm)
- $75pp banquet - including prosciutto, whipped ricotta, calamari, and a selection of pastas (prawn spaghetti is a fave), all wrapped up with a gelato-stuffed bombolini.
- $110pp banquet - take it the extra mile and start with a kingfish carpaccio, their famous pizza fritta and burrata combo, prawns, pastas, and finish it off with a to-die-for tiramisu.
The Calile Hotel’s resident Greek pool-side restaurant gives us all the Europea summer feels. Don your favourite summer fit, and perch under an umbrella with rosé and all the crowd favourite zucchini chips your heart desires. Not that we have to tell you, but a stay at The Calile Hotel is one way to wait out the food coma.
Offer: Hellenika Banquets
- Welcome Banquet - $75/pp includes dips, saganaki, salad, lamb, veal dolmades, sweets
- Classic Banquet - $85/pp includes dips, zucchini chips, king prawns, green bean salad, veal dolmades, fish w salad, lamb, sweets
- From the sea Banquet - $95 /pp including taramosalata, zucchini chips, salad, king prawns trout, salad, sweets
From the team behind the much-loved LONgTIME, sAme sAme is an Asian Fusion evolution on James Street. Sit beneath the beautiful archway and get ready for a festive fusion feast like no other.
Offer: Chef’s Banquet
- $75/pp banquet including their famous Asian-style chicken burger, Banana Prawn curry and a special dessert.
Whether you’re having an inner-city getaway or just in need of an unmatched waterfront view, we’ve got your city lunch options covered.
A favourite on Eagle Street Pier, with one of THE best riverfront views Brisbane has to offer, you can’t go past Blackbird for an indulgent lunch. Oh, and the food? Amazing! This festive season they’re offering the Chef’s banquet for a 4-person minimum. The more the merrier, we say!
Offer: Blackbird Chef’s banquet
- $60/pp two-course shared dining featuring chef’s favourites - think slow-cooked lamb shoulder and hand-pulled burrata.
Incholm by Ovolo, a boutique getaway fave, has your Christmas evening sorted. Enjoy a lazy day before strolling into Christmas Day Dinner with zero responsibility. Sit back, relax and indulge over three courses of Christmas goodness, three hours of premium beverages and live jazz.
Offer: Christmas Dinner
- $229 /pp - 3-course feasting menu, 3 hours of premium beverages
For smart-casual European dining in the city, look no further than Motorwagen. With banquet options that leave a little extra in your purse for a cocktail (or two), you’ll be extending that lunch even longer.
Offer: Motorwagen Banquets
- Classic banquet - $69/pp, 3 courses
- Premium banquet -$79/pp, 3 courses + sides to share
- Luxury banquet - $89 /pp, 3 courses + sourdough bread + sides to share
There’s nothing quite like a big Greek feast, and Opa Bar smashes it! With two banquet options, you’ll want to make sure your calendars are clear for the rest of the day. There’s just something about sitting riverside and eating your weight in lamb and seafood... OPA!
Offer: Two banquet options from 11am - 3pm
- Banquet One - $72/pp, minimum table of two, main dish offers lamb shoulder, seafood sides, entree and sweets
- Banquet two - $95/pp, minimum table of four, seafood, lamb shoulder, chicken, seafood sides, entree and sweets
Cantonese and Sichuan dining institution Donna Chang was made for the long-lunch lifestyle. Trust us, you’ll want to taste it all, so their banquet offers are ideal. Book a table amongst their plush pastel decor and prepare for an inevitable food coma of goodness.
Offer: Donna Chang Banquet
- Banquet #1 - $75 /pp - indulge in Kingfish with wakame, prawn + scallop wontons and their famous chicken stir fry to name a few
- Banquet #2 - $110 /pp - cut out the FOMO, and try it all with their upgraded banquet option (yes, this includes the honey + tamari pork)
Goldfinch has a luxe Chrissy lunch offering that fires on all festive cylinders. With a seafood buffet, live carving station, three hours of festive bubbles, live entertainment and a visit from Santa - you’ll be happily patting a full tummy to the tune of Jingle Bells!
Offer: Goldfinch Christmas Lunch
- $239 /pp, Teen (13- 17 age) $129/pp, Child (5-12) $69/pp
Did someone say bottomless?! Massimo Restaurant in the city has a long-lunch offering you’d be mad to miss. Pairing a two-hour beverage package with either a three-course set menu or a progressive lunch menu, you can sip on bottomless wine, sparkling or beer every Friday, Saturday and Sunday between 12pm and 3pm.
Offer: Massimo Bottomless Lunch
- #1: 3 course menu - $90/pp
- #2: Signature Progressive lunch menu - $110/pp
- Upgrade to premium wines and french bubbles - extra $35/pp
Make Christmas extra special this year by booking into Persone’s Christmas Day lunch. Perch on the edge of the river from 11:30am and indulge in their four-course lunch with three hours of Christmas bubbles. And for the kids - special appearances from Santa and Christmas carollers to keep the jolly festivity alive.
Offer: Persone Christmas Day Lunch
- $119pp Adults
- $115pp 12-17 yrs
- $75pp 6-11yrs
- Free 0-5 yrs
Three Blue Ducks are serving up epic group dining menus this festive season for groups of 6 or more. Reconnect with friends and family over a delicious menu and stunning views of the Brisbane River. Sink your teeth into delicious dishes like kangaroo tartare with pickled quandong, braised lamb shoulder, and John Dory with fermented chili, finishing with a festive dessert of spiced chocolate mousse or sea salt meringue with berries.
Offer: Three Blue Ducks Group Dining
- $85pp for the 2-couse menu
- $90pp for the vegan feast
- $110pp for the feast menu
- $145pp for the ultimate feast menu.
Perhaps the most popular precinct in Brisbane to long-lunch, Howard Smith Wharves have got you covered from noon ‘till night.
So, you’ll probably need to book at Greca sooner rather than later… just saying. Yes, it’s that good. If you haven’t had the saganaki, you can thank us later.
Offer: Greek Banquets
- $60/pp for the Full Greek Banquet - including Greca faves like the lamb shoulder
- $75/pp for the Super Greek Banquet - including the famous saganaki
- $90/pp for the Aphrodite Almighty Banquet - including their Spritzy cocktail
Just next door to Greca, Yoko Dining is Japanese-fusion to fill your dreams long after your last bite. Be sure to try their Yuzu slushie cocktail, and grab a seat outside to take in the beautiful Story Bridge views.
Offer: Japanese-fusion Banquet
- $65/pp Izakaya Set- including aburi scallop, miso-glazed eggplant, noodles, charcoal chicken, cabbage, and sweets
- $80/pp Yoko Feast - including kingfish, chicken karaage, grilled prawns, greens, noodles, and sweets
Sit underneath the terrace on the quiet end of the Wharves and you’ll feel like you’re just a sea-breeze away from Positano. They’ve got your festive long-lunch nailed. Their gift to you? The inclusion of their crowd-fave prawn pasta and tiramisu on the menu - bellissimo!
Offer: Summer Celebrations Festive Feast
- $72/pp Monday - Wed, $82/pp Thurs - Sun (weekends are popular at the Wharves!)
- Share-style menu with entrees, mains, sides and desserts
Venture outside the main foodie hubs to explore even more of what Brisbane has to offer for your wine and dine needs.
Nestled under the Kangaroo Point cliffs, Medley has a Christmas Day Lunch that dreams are made of. From 11am, enjoy plenty of delicious food to the sound of live music in an iconic Brisbane location.
Offer: Medley Special Christmas Day Lunch (11am - 2pm)
- $125 /pp, $45/pp child
- Live music from 12.30- 3.30pm
Give a Christmas treat to yourself and your loved ones in the form of Hamilton’s much-loved Italian restaurant, Gusto Da Gianni. They do the hard work so you can enjoy the big day with their amazing Christmas lunch - including yellowfin tuna tartare with salmon caviar. We’re pretty sure this is a gift that will be thoroughly enjoyed!
Offer: Gusto Da Gianni Christmas lunch
- $179 /pp for four-course menu
Sea breeze and fresh seafood are two things that say Christmas - Queensland style! Grab your family, friends and dogs, and enjoy alfresco dining by the bay. Or long-lunch in leisure in their all-white dining room.
Offer: Seaside banquet
- $65/pp banquet to share family style down the middle of the table, including fresh pacific oysters
Can’t wait for lunch? Darling & Co. has got your Sunday sorted with their bottomless brunch. With two seatings, you’ll need to book in - it’s super popular! No surprises why, with bottomless Prosecco & Spritz, as well as salad, antipasto and pizza. They’re turning it up a notch this year, with a Christmas Day seafood buffet - how very Queensland. Of course, you can still tuck into Christmas faves like smoked ham, roast turkey and crispy roast potatoes. Book the family in pronto!
Offer: Bottomless Brunch
- $69/pp - 12pm and 2pm Sundays (2-hour seatings), booking essential
Offer: Christmas Day Seafood Lunch Buffet
French favourite C’est Bon is giving delightful gifts this festive season, in the form of top-class eats. For big groups, you can get caviar, magnums of wine, oysters and Tasmanian lobster - luxe, or what!?
Offer: C’est Bon Festive Group Feasting (must pre-order)
- Caviar for $20pp (Osetra), Magnums of Wine, Maremma Duck a l’orange for $120 served with Mustard Greens (serves 4).
- Also feast on Appellation Oysters $25 ½ doz and Tasmanian Lobster with Sauce Thermidor $150 each (serves 4).
Offer: Christmas Eve Dinner
- $165/pp - four course dinner with a glass of French Champaign on arrival.
Take long-lunching to another level and hop aboard a Kiff and Culture tour. Kick-off with a five-course Asian banquet lunch at Southside, amongst the greenery of Fish Lane; followed by local vino tastings at City Winery, and then onto tasting paddles at Stone & Wood Brewery or gin flight tastings at Granddad Jacks.
Offer: Kiff & Culture Brisbane Artisan Food & Drink Tour
- Option 1 – $195pp: Southside Restaurant 5-Course Banquet, City Winery Tasting and Stone & Wood Brewery Tasting . Thursday to Sunday (Minimum 4pax for a confirmed departure)
- Option 2 – $199pp: Southside Restaurant 5-Course Banquet, City Winery Tasting and Granddad Jack’s Distillery Tasting. Thursday to Sunday (Minimum 4pax for a confirmed departure)
- Option 3 – The Southside Soiree $150pp: Collections for 50km Radius from Brisbane CBD and Southside Restaurant 5-Course Banquet
And that’s a wrap - cheers!
Plan your adventure