Motorbike and scooter parking in Brisbane
Motorcycles and scooters have become a popular transport choice for commuters travelling to Brisbane’s inner city. To help cater for the demand, Brisbane City Council has installed over 600 additional new free motorcycle parking spaces, delivering over its 2012 commitment to install 400 new free spaces across the city by 2016.
When choosing where to park your motorcycle or scooter, make sure you check if the parking has:
- time restrictions - parking in the inner city varies from one hour to unlimited
- meter fees - some on-road motorcycle parking spaces are metered.
Please be considerate to pedestrians and fellow riders by following these simple parking guidelines:
- only park within signed parking areas
- park your motorcycle or scooter with the rear wheel in first
- only one motorcycle or scooter per marked space
- if the bay is full, find an alternative parking space. Do not block other motorcycles in
- do not block other motorcycles in
- dismount or walk your motorcycle or scooter while you are on the footpath.
For more information or for a detailed map of locations, visit the Brisbane City Council website here.