How to get to Redlands Coast
From the coastal village of Wellington Point – known for its great fishing, boating and water sports – to Victoria Point, where seaside parks and esplanades draw family and friends to picnic, cycle and swim, the Redlands Coast offers naturally wonderful a charming experiences. In the hinterland you will find the award-winning Sirromet Winery where wallabies greet you along the driveway. The Indigiscapes Centre offers a tantalizing menu at the café, with a bushtucker twist such as a Lemon Myrtle Scones and bush spice flavoured treats or a locally handmade gift at the shop after an entertaining time at the Discovery Centre. Over on North Stradbroke Island try four-wheel driving, snorkelling and diving, or kick back and watch marine life float by or book an Aboriginal cultural tour with Q-Coast.
Redlands Coast is an unspoiled jewel for holidaymakers and visitors to Queensland’s south-east. Less than an hour from Brisbane’s CBD, the Redlands Coast is ideally located for a holiday in a day.
Redlands Coast is under 30 minutes from the Brisbane Domestic and International Airports; Cleveland (the gateway to North Stradbroke Island) is only 35 minutes from the airports.
QR Trains run frequently from Brisbane Central Station to Cleveland (journey takes about an hour).
The Veolia bus service operates regular services between Brisbane Transit Centre and the Redlands.
Travel to the Islands
- Stradbroke Ferries/Big Red Cat – vehicle and passenger ferries (45 minutes) and water taxis (25 minutes)
- Gold Cat flyer – water taxi (25 minutes)
- All vessels leave from Toondah Harbour (Emmett Drive, Cleveland)
Karragarra, Lamb, Macleay and Russell Islands (Southern Moreton Bay Islands)
- Coochie Island Barge – vehicle ferry (20 minutes)
- Coochie Island Passenger – passenger ferry (10 minutes)
- Vessels leave from Victoria Point (end of Colburn Avenue)
- Stradbroke Ferries – vehicle ferry (approx. 50 minutes and passenger ferry (30 minutes)
- Southern Moreton Bay Island Vehicle Ferry leave from Redland Bay Terminal, Banana St.