Roma Street Parkland Map and Conditions of Entry
Roma Street Parkland Map
Visiting us for an event? Searching for the city’s top picnic and barbeque spot? With our handy map, finding your way around Roma Street Parkland is a piece of cake. We’ve marked out the parkland’s most popular walkways, along with barbeque locations, bathroom facilities, and the Parkland Explorer train stop. You can download the map on a PDF here. Printed maps can also be found at the Roma Street Parkland Information Booth located in The Hub or in any of our wayfinding signs throughout the parkland.
Conditions of Entry
To ensure that all visitors have an enjoyable visit to the parkland, the following parkland conditions of entry apply:
The following activities are not permitted:
- Conduct causing public nuisance is not permitted – this includes being drunk, disorderly or creating a disturbance.
- Children are to be supervised at all times. All visitors must comply with signage, security and parkland management.
- Cyclists, rollerbladers, scooters and skateboarders must give way to pedestrians and must observe the limit speed of 10km/h on all paths. No entry is permitted into the Spectacle Garden in Colin Campbell Place.
- Pets to be on leash at all times. Dogs are not permitted in Spectacle Garden in Colin Campbell Place.
Authorisation is required for the following activities:
- Littering and damaging property.
- Camping or overnight sleeping.
- Consumption of alcohol outside of designated areas. A designated area is defined as the Celebration and Lakeside Precincts as per Section 173 (C) of the Liquor Act 1992.
- Fishing or swimming in waterways or the Lake.
- Religious or political activities.
- Pegging/staking into lawns.
- Attaching items to parkland infrastructure or trees.
- Disposal of ice or hot water on lawns or garden beds.
- Feeding of wildlife.
- Distribution of leaflets, soliciting hawking or spruiking.
- Open flames, candles, portable cooking devices or gas stoves.
- Organised sporting activities or ball games. No studded footwear.
- Cats or dogs not on a leash.
- No noise before 7am or after 10pm, Monday to Saturday and 8am and 10pm Sundays.
Dogs in the parkland
- Conducting surveys.
- Selling or promoting goods.
- Filming or professional photography (you can formally apply for this activity via our filming and photography application form).
- Flying of drones.
- Events and activations, including regular activities by groups or individuals.
- Peaceful assembly or procession.
- All other animals being brought into the parkland.
Please note that all activity in the Parkland may be recorded on CCTV.
- Dogs must be on-leash and under effective control at all times.
- Dogs are not permitted in the Spectacle Garden in Colin Campbell Place.
- Please clean up after your animal. Pick up and dispose of your dog’s waste.
- Always carry a bag or container for its droppings (it's a good idea to carry several bags or containers as you could be fined for not having another container or bag, even after your dog has done its business and you have disposed of it correctly).
- Control your dog's barking.
- Exercise due consideration for others, i.e. no anti-social loud behaviour and comply with all signage.