15 things to do at South Bank this Easter long weekend
Forget sitting on the highway, stuck in traffic for hours this Easter weekend! Instead, make the most of your precious time off with a visit to South Bank Parklands. Here are our picks of how to spend your weekend.
1. Kick off your Easter chocolate frenzy with a decadent feast at one South Bank’s famed dessert bars, Max Brenner, San Churro or Cowch.
2. Burn off your chocolate frenzy with a scenic stroll or bike ride along the Clem Jones Promenade, through to the stunning Kangaroo Point Cliffs.
3. Stop by QAGOMA and check out the The 9th Asia Pacific Triennial of Contemporary Art (APT9) – it features artworks and an interactive kids exhibit. Best of all, entry is free.
4. Grab your favourite book and a picnic blanket and read up a storm on the leafy Little Stanley Street Lawns.
5. Diners at Munich Brauhaus on Easter Sunday, 21 April can take part in an egg-cellent Easter egg hunt at the restaurant from 1pm, fun for the entire family!
6. Relax with free live music at Sunday Social on the Green at River Quay Green on Easter Sunday.
7. Gather your mates and enjoy a few quiet beers, matched with a long lunch at The Charming Squire.
8. Try a Snickers bowl from acai specialists Kiss the Berry and experience a chocolate buzz without the hefty calories. Yum!
9. Pick up a new outfit or piece of jewellery at The Collective Markets, held in Stanley Street Plaza.
10. Get the gang together and indulge in fresh sangria and tapas at South Bank’s original tapas bar, Ole.
11. Don your swimwear and cool off poolside at Streets Beach or the Boat Pool.
12. Go on a thrilling journey through humankind’s exploration of space at NASA – A Human Adventure at Queensland Museum.
13. Secure a ticket to see Roald Dahl classic Fantastic Mr Fox on Easter Friday or Saturday at QPAC.
14. Ride the Xpress Fun Train around South Bank Parklands – the perfect family adventure.
15. Grab a cocktail with pals and while the evening away in front of river views at Stokebar Q.