South Bank Health and Safety Update
12 January 2021
From 6pm 11 January 2021 to 1am 22 January 2021, the Greater Brisbane region (including South Bank Parklands) became subject to new restrictions in accordance with Queensland Heath Directives. The details of these restrictions can be found at Queensland Health’s website.
Some restrictions have eased, please find below key impacts in relation to South Bank Parklands.
- South Bank’s pools – Streets Beach, the Boat Pool and Aquativity have re-opened to the public.
- Playgrounds at Riverside Green and Picnic Island Green have re-opened to the public.
- All barbeques at South Bank Parklands have been switched back on for public use.
- Toilets at Aquativity, Central Cafes, River Quay and the Piazza have re-opened to the public.
- The Xpress Fun Train is operational from Tuesday 12 January.
- Pixar Putt re-opens Tuesday 12 January.
- The Collective Markets, The Sound Society and Sunday Social on the Green will take place as scheduled this week.
- The South Bank Visitor Information and Booking Centre has re-opened to visitors from 9:30am – 5pm daily.
- Select restaurants and cafes in South Bank have re-opened with social distancing as per Queensland Health Directives. Please contact individual restaurants direct to confirm their opening times and availability.
Please note: you must carry a mask at all times and masks are to be worn in indoor spaces. Masks are not required while outdoors at a safe distance from other people or if you’re doing strenuous exercise. You are strongly encouraged to wear a mask in outdoor spaces when you cannot physically distance. For more information please refer to Queensland Health’s website.