South Bank Health and Safety Update
22 January 2021
In response to COVID-19, Queensland Health has advised of several directions for public safety. Full details and enforcement information can be found at Queensland Health’s website. Key South Bank impacts are below.
Events are occurring at South Bank Parklands, in-line with Queensland Health’s COVID Safe guidelines or where required, an approved COVID Safe plan. For further information and safety parameters including pre-registration to ensure safe crowd numbers, please visit the relevant event page linked from our ‘What’s On at South Bank’ page.
South Bank’s pools are currently open for use. If you are swimming at South Bank, please observe the parameters outlined by our COVID Safe Plan. Key safety measures outlined in the plan include:
- Pools are open from 7am - midnight daily
- Crowd numbers will be managed onsite by South Bank’s security guards and lifeguards
- There are designated entry and exit points to Streets Beach and the Boat Pool
- Social distancing must be practiced by all visitors – social distancing signage is onsite to encourage this
- Bathrooms surrounding the pools are also open and are equipped with hand soap and taps to encourage good hygiene from visitors. Showers and change rooms are also open.
In addition to the above, the South Bank team will:
- Continue to deliver a stringent, daily cleaning schedule, year-round for all pools, in-line with Queensland Health guidelines
- Continue to test the water in all pools via an independent third party regularly throughout the year, to ensure that quality is maintained
- Brief all staff about the latest COVID Safe cleaning and operations measures
- Ensure that all staff onsite are healthy and fit for work and practice good hygiene
- Ensure that only those who are using the pools for their intended purposes are allowed to swim (e.g. no salespeople)
- Ensure that all visitors meet South Bank Parkland’s conditions of entry
- Keep South Bank’s hand-washing facilities well-stocked
- Isolate any visitors suspected of having COVID-19 and facilitate treatment within Queensland Health guidelines.
South Bank’s COVID Safe plan has been approved by Queensland Health. Any feedback or questions regarding the plan can be sent to [email protected]
Playground and barbeques
South Bank's playgrounds are currently open for use, as are its free barbeques. Please note that if you are using the playground and picnic areas, social distancing must be practiced, as well as good hygiene.
Please note that additional changes with regards to public activity are being made regularly by the Australian Government and Queensland Health, so this page will continue to be updated over the coming weeks.
All of these changes have been made in the interests of public safety and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. The health and well-being of visitors is a priority, and South Bank Parklands will continue to support any initiatives that have been developed to protect members of the public.
In addition to the above, South Bank Parklands is proactively implementing daily touch-point cleaning of all toilet blocks and parent’s rooms (specially-cleaned touch-points include hand railings, door handles, taps, dispensers, switches, signage and cistern buttons) plus intensifying night-cleaning of all toilets.
When you visit South Bank Parklands, please make sure that you observe the guidelines set out by Queensland Health. These are listed on their website. Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]