Brisbane is known for its gorgeously warm weather, so it is only fitting that South Bank houses a few different pools. These aqua spaces are free to use and are open all year round. While you're enjoying them, please make sure you follow these easy pool rules to keep the water clean and healthy.
Health and Safety Update
In response to COVID-19, Queensland Health has advised of several directions for public safety. More details can be found on the Queensland Health website.
All pools are now open to the public in South Bank Parklands. If you are swimming at South Bank, please observe the parameters outlined by our COVID-Safe Plan. Key safety measures outlined in the plan include:
- Pools are open from 7am - midnight daily
- Crowd numbers will be managed onsite by South Bank’s security guards and lifeguards
- Social distancing must be practiced by all visitors – social distancing signage is onsite to encourage this
- Bathrooms surrounding the pools are also open and are equipped with hand soap and taps to encourage good hygiene from visitors. Showers and change rooms are also open.
In addition to the above, the South Bank team will:
- Continue to deliver a stringent, daily cleaning schedule, year-round for all pools, in-line with Queensland Health guidelines
- Continue to test the water in all pools via an independent third party regularly throughout the year, to ensure that quality is maintained
- Brief all staff about the latest COVID Safe cleaning and operations measures
- Ensure that all staff onsite are healthy and fit for work and practice good hygiene
- Ensure that only those who are using the pools for their intended purposes are allowed to swim (e.g. no salespeople)
- Ensure that all visitors meet South Bank Parkland’s conditions of entry
- Keep South Bank’s hand-washing facilities well-stocked
- Isolate any visitors suspected of having COVID-19 and facilitate treatment within Queensland Health guidelines.
South Bank’s COVID-Safe plan has been approved by Queensland Health. Any feedback or questions regarding the plan can be sent to [email protected]
A South Bank icon, Streets Beach is a must-visit while you’re in the Parklands. It is Australia’s only inner-city, man-made beach and it boasts a sparkling lagoon surrounded by white, sandy beaches and sub-tropical plants. Streets Beach is free to use and is patrolled by qualified lifeguards all year round. The lifeguard’s hours change throughout the year, so please contact the South Bank Visitor Centre on tel: 07 3029 1797 to find out when they are patrolling.
Head down to the Boat Pool on any given day and you’ll see people of all ages splashing around in the cool, blue water and lapping up some of Queensland’s famous sunshine. Similar to Streets Beach, the Boat Pool is free to use and is patrolled by qualified lifeguards all year round. The lifeguards' hours change throughout the year, so please contact the South Bank Visitor Centre on tel: 07 3029 1797 to find out when they are patrolling.
Aquativity, a fun and interactive water-play park, is a great location for children and families to play, learn and enjoy the outdoors. It features a range of educational play elements that reference the Brisbane River, local catchments, native fish and mammal species (such as mullet and dugong), and the water cycle. It’s also free to use, open daily and is patrolled by lifeguards all year round (please contact the South Bank Visitor Centre on 07 3029 1797 to find out when they are patrolling).
To locate all of the above spaces, check out the official South Bank map.
For more water safety information...
Head to Surf Life Saving Queensland's website for key information such as alcohol and swimming, sun safety and supervising kids. Following these simple guidelines keeps South Bank's water facilities safe for all.