South Bank Visitor Information and Booking Centre
The South Bank Visitor Information and Booking Centre is a must-visit destination for the latest in what’s on and how to get around.
The South Bank Visitor Information & Booking Centre can provide you with information about South Bank Parklands and assist you with:
- Reservations and sales for accommodation, tours, cruises and transfers, plus theme park ticket sales;
- Event information and general enquiries;
- Free maps and brochures;
- Information on restaurant and dining options at South Bank;
- QTIX sales and ticketing (no phone sales); and
- Hire of strollers, manual wheelchairs and specialty pool and beach wheelchairs.
The South Bank Visitor Information & Booking Centre is fully accredited and is located in the heart of the South Bank Parklands. You'll find it at Stanley Street Plaza, between Max Brenner and The Plough Inn. The nearest cross street is Ernest St. The mailing address is PO Box 18, Stanley Street Plaza, South Brisbane, 4101.
The South Bank Visitor Information & Booking Centre's opening hours are:
- Open Monday to Sunday from 9am to 5pm;
- Closed on Christmas Day and Good Friday;
- Open from 1pm on Anzac Day; and
- Open from 10am on public holidays;
- Riverfire and Christmas event period, 9am to 9pm.
The South Bank Visitor Information & Booking Centre team would love to hear from you! Feel free to come and visit them in person, call them on 07 3029 1797 or email them at [email protected]
Become a South Bank Information Centre volunteer
The South Bank Visitor Information and Booking Centre is supported by a dedicated team of volunteers. If you’re passionate about South Bank Parklands and Brisbane, and enjoy showcasing your city to visitors and residents, then the role of Volunteer Visitor Services Assistant may be for you. This exciting position involves:
- Greeting visitors to South Bank within the Visitor Information Centre and the Parklands;
- Promoting and selling the services of the Visitor Centre; and
- Assisting at the many wonderful events held at South Bank each year.
In return for your contribution, we offer a friendly, supportive volunteer environment and the following benefits:
- Full induction and continuous ongoing training;
- A uniform;
- Experience in a busy tourism environment;
- Social activities; and
- Rewards and recognition of service.
If this role sounds appealing to you, and you have a minimum of four hours per week to contribute, please search for Expressions of Interest advertised on the SEEK Volunteer page and the Volunteering Queensland page or email [email protected] with your details.